Day 1, Friday August 26th
Parent and presenter curriculum training-guiding youth to make the right choice-abstinence before marriage.
- Relationship Intelligence Part 2-Protecting Your Future
- Relationship Intelligence Part 3-Maturing Your Love
- Resisting Peer Pressure and Learning Assertiveness Techniques Peer Counseling
- Video Clips and Discussion Questions
- STAR Leadership Clubs
Day 2, Saturday August 27th
Understand what God’s will for your life is by studying the Unification Principle. This study includes God’s Ideal for the Family, what went wrong and the Role of True Parents.
The Unification Principle is the new expression of truth that God has given to answer all questions about life and the universe. It was revealed through Reverend Sun Myung Moon.
The Principle addresses all of the crucial issues faced by society today, including family breakdown, the confusion of values and the existence of and nature of God.
“The Bible says that humankind fell. So God must be liberated. Through the Fall, the sons and daughters, husband and wife, the nation, and even the world that was to be ours were forfeited at one stroke. True Parents must come, recover all things, children, families, nations, and the world, and return them all to God.”
Rev. Sun Myung Moon, Cheon Seong Gyeong p. 263
- Introduction to the Principle
- Principle of Creation
- Fall of Man
- How God is working to restore (save) humankind
- Eschatology and Human History
- The Messiah, His Advent and the Purpose of His Second Coming
- Lunch Break
- The principles and history of God’s restoration (salvation) work
- Introduction to Restoration
- The Providence to lay the Foundation for Restoration
- Moses and Jesus in the Providence of Restoration of Restoration
- The Periods in Providential History and the determination of their lengths
- The Parallels between the Two Ages in the Providence of Restoration
- The Second Advent
- The Period of Preparation for the Second Advent of the Messiah
- The Second Advent
- Conclusion: Reading from Peace Message 17
Day 3, Sunday August 28th
Strengthening Families and Communities Forum
Expert speakers share their knowledge
Forum premise: To break the generational cycle of outside of wedlock birth, we need a revolution of abstinence-centered education. Parents should present the expectation of sexual abstinence before marriage to their children, regardless of whether or not they abstained. They should think about what is best for their children’s future, and speak honestly about their own situation. In one generation this can break the cycle of outside of wedlock births, and all of the related personal and societal consequences. School and community based programs, such as Urban Life Training, can back up parents in making this revolution.
Speakers (more to be added):
Andrew “Andy” Wells: Missouri Chapter President of No Left Turn in Education
Past speakers (current speakers to be decided):
Michael Marshall: Editor Emeritus, United Press International
April Gallart: UN Mission Coordinator, United Families International
Stephanie Mann: Founder, Safe Kids Now
Richard Urban: co-founder, Urban Life Training, VisionRoot, and Urban Grocery:
Registration deadline is August 23rd, 2022.